This dish hails from the north of India and is a good store of proteins and vitamins. Young moms, Please introduce your child to Mr. Popoye to get motivated to try out this dish. 😉 It’s easy to make and delicious to eat. It can be served as a party dish on your dinner table also.Recipe is noted down here for you.
Paneer – 250 gm
oil – 4 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
diced onions- 1 big
chopped onion- 1/2 of small onion.
Spinch leaves – 2 bunches
green chillies – 2 to 3
fresh coriander leves – few sprigs
coriander pdr – 1/4 tspn
cumin pdr – 1/2 tspn
cumin seeds – 1/2 tspn
Garam masala- 1 tspn
Yogurt – 3 tbsp
fresh cream – 3 tbsp ( optional)
1. Wash and dry the palak/ spinach leaves and keep aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok/kadai and add diced onion. sauté till the colour turns slight brown . Add green chillies followed by palak leaves to it. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add coriander leaves and saute for 1 minutes.
3. Now this mixture will go into a blender/mixie. Make sure the temperature is not too much while u are grinding it.
4. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok and add cumin seeds and let it crackle. Add chopped onions and saute well. Add coriander pdr and cumin pdr and stir for 1 minute on slow flame.
5. Add the ground palak form mixie into the wok and saute well.
6. Add curd followed by fresh cream and saute n high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add some water according to your required consistency and bring it to boil.Now add garam masala.
8. Let the paneer/ cottage cheese pieces go into the gravy now. Switch off the flame after one boil and mix slowly.
9. Serve hot with rumali roti, Phulka or jeera rice.