Wanna cut those extra calories of oil used in cooking peas, a winter veg?
Here’ s a tasty recipe which do not use much of oil , prepared in a coconut based gravy. Ok, now the question in your mind is , ” Coconut is also rich ryte? “. Let me tell you. Anything in excess is a lot of calories. But if you can create a tasty dish with the minimal usage of high cal ingredients, wat’s better than that?
Try the recipe once and I’m sure you are gonna be a fan of it. It’s easy on your stomach and yummy for your taste buds.
Prep time – 15 to 20 mnts
Boiled fresh peas – 200 gm
Potato – 1 big ( Cut into small pieces)
onion – 1 big ( sliced)
tomato – 1 medium ( chopped finely)
Ginger – 1 inch minced
Curry leaves – 2 strands
Mustard seeds – 1 tspn
Red chili powder – 1/2 tbsp
Coriander pdr – 1 1/2 tbspn
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Fresh grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Green chilly – 1 slit horizontally
cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Boil the peas and potato till nicely cooked.Add salt and turmeric pdr while doing this.Keep aside.
Let’ make the masalas .
*1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a heated pan. Add 1/2 of the thinly sliced onion in to it and saute till light brown. Now add minced ginger pieces and cook for 2 minutes.Now add red chili powder, coriander powder and 1 strand of curry leaves to the pan and saute until the masalas give a roasted smell.Grind this masala in a mixie adding some water to it, in a mixie. Keep aside
2. Grind fresh grated coconut, cumin seeds and green chilly in a mixie and keep aside.
Now comes the final mixing step.
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok/Kadai. Add rest of the onions and saute till light pink. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add boiled peas and potato into it and mix well.Now goes the ground masala * into the wok. Mix gently and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Now the ground coconut paste goes into the wok. Mix all the ingredients very well in high heat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.Add curry leaves and garam masala pdr.
4. For seasoning, Crackle mustard seeds and whole red chillies and pour on top of the gravy.Relish this dish hot with rotis.