Hey friends, ever wondered the secret behind the crispy potato fingers served at restaurants?No big deal ya!
I’m gonna tell you that secret today. Keeping a secret safe with you always makes your heart feel heavier. And in my case, i’m already trying to lose weight. Can’t afford to make my mind also weigh more along with my body. That’s why i decided to share that secret with you. 😉
Prep time 20 mins
For making crispy potato fingers…..
Potato – 2 big
salt – to taste
All purpose flour/maida – 5 to 6 tbsp
cornflour- 5 to 6 tbsp
oil – for deep frying
1.In a flat plate, add maida, cornflour, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil. Mix gently with your fingers until the oil is mixed evenly with the flour.Keep aside.
2. Cut the potatoes into lond finger shapes.Boil some water in a pan. After switching of the flame, immerse these potato fingers in that water. Keep for not more than 4 minutes. Drain the water and throw some cool running water on the potato fingers. Drain again but let some moisture remain.
3. Mix these washed potatoes in the flour mixture. Refer to step 1 and the pic given below to see the mixed flour.
4. Deep fry the flour coated potatoes .Half cooking should be kept in mind as thee potatoes will again be re fried.
5. Mix maida, cornflour and salt into a semi watery batter. Once the half fried potatoes are cool enough, dip them into this batter and deep fry once more.Now, the colour of the potatoes should be golden brown as given in the pic below.
YOUR CRISPY POTATO FINGERS ARE READY.
Now, let’s go ahead and turn them into cripy chilli honey potato. For that, first we’ve to make a sauce for it.
soya sauce – 1 tbsp
tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
Honey – 1 tbsp
salt – to taste
Green chillies chopped – 2
ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Red chilly pdr- 1/2 tsp
Minced garlic – 1 tsp
Spring onions – 1 strand
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add some chopped green chillies, ginger garlic auce, red chilly pdr, minced garlic. Saute for few seconds
- Now add soya sauce and tomato sauce. Mix well in low heat.Add the thickener and mix well.
- After switching off the flame, add 1 tbsp honey to it. Mix gently.Check the salt.
- Sauce is ready. Be patient and allow the sauce to cool dow a bit .( Important )
- Now add the fried crispy potato fingers which are already ready into the sauce and mix well.
- Add chopped pring onions/ coriander leave and mix.
- Serve hot as a starter. Enjoy! 🙂