These days i’m feasting myself on sea food as i’m worried about missing fresh sea food in Kashmir, where i’ll be living for the coming few years. Donna wanna feel miserable by the thought of letting the whole world feast on the prawns which were marked for me at their birth. So here i go !
Here in this recipe, i’ve followed the simple Kerala style of cooking prawns using black pepper powder as the main spice ingredients.
Serves – 5
Preparation time – 10 minutes.
Prawns ( Dewained and washed) – 500 gm
Onion – 1 big Finely chopped
Curry leaves – 2 to 3 strands
Ginger minced – 1 tbsp
Garlic minced -2 tbsp
Black pepper powder – 2 tsp
Red chilli pdr – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric pdr – 1 tsp
Coriander pdr – 1 tbsp
Green chillies slit – 3 nos
Lemon juice – of 1 small lime
Salt – to taste
oIL – 3 to 4 tbsp
1. Heat some oil in a pan and add finely chopped onions and garlic and saute till slight brown. Now add minced ginger in to it and saute for 2 minutes. Add turmeric pdr followed by black pepper pdr and saute very well on slow flame.
2. Now add red chilli pdr and coriander pdr and saute for another 1 minute.
3. Now it’s time for the prawns to go into the pan along with salt.Add curry leaves and green chillies now. Mix very well and cook with the lid closed for about a minute.
4. Open the lid and saute the whole masala along with prawns on high flame for some time. Make sure the prawns are cooked well and salted to taste.
5. Sprinkle the lemon juice drop by drop to your tangy taste.
Your feedback is valuable for me ! 🙂