Even though this dish has all the qualities of being a “most wanted” by Indian palettes, the origin is from far away land. That too, a mix of American and Chinese flavors. Indian Chinese restaurants may not serve this dish for reason like, Orange being a seasonal fruit,prices vary through the year.A good news for vitamin counters as this dish contains a lot of vitamin C as fresh orange juice is used in the preparation generously.Quick and easy preparation style …Great taste! Enjoy!
Cuisine Chinese American
Preparation time 25 minutes
RECIPE OF ORANGE CHICKEN
(Use fresh Orange for juice and julienne)
Finely Chopped ginger 1 Teaspoon
Finely chopped garlic 1 teaspoon
Oil 2 table spoon +For deep fry
Orange skin cut into Julienne 2 table spoon
Orange juice 1 tea cup full
All purpose flour/maida 1 1/2 table spoon
Corn flour 1 table spoon
Pepper powder 1 teaspoon
Chicken stock 1 cup
Corn starch 1 table spoon
Light soya sauce 1 teaspoon
Butter 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Sugar 2 teaspoon
Chopped spring onions 1 table spoon
Chicken (Boneless) 750gms
- 1. Take a bowl and add the boneless and tender chicken pieces into it. Add salt,pepper powder and mix well . Now add corn flour and maida and mix again. Add the egg into the bowl and mix well. Leave it aside for 30 minutes.
- 2. Deep fry this marinated chicken and keep aside.
- 3.Heat oil in a pan and add the orange skin julienne. Sprinkle some salt and take them out from oil.
- 4. In the same oil,add chopped ginger and garlic . Saute for a 30 seconds and then add the orange juice followed by butter and chicken stock.Add soya sauce now. Bring it to boil. Your sauce is ready
- 5. Now incorporate corn starch and mix gently to make the sauce/gravy thicker.
- 6. Add the fried orange julienne , sugar . Add some salt to your taste.
- 7. Now add the fried chicken into the sauce on high flame and mix gently.
- 8. Garnish with chopped spring onions or coriander leaves.Serve this with rice.
1. Mix 1 table spoon of cornflour into a small bowl of water to make corn starch. Add drop by drop into the gravy to make it more thicker. Keep stirring while you add to avoid lumps in the gravy.
2. Orange julienne is thinly sliced orange skin as you can see in the picture .
3. Add salt and sugar little by little into the gravy to attain the perfect balance of both the tastes of your preference.
4. To make it more spicy , you may even add green chilies.