Being an Air force officer’s wife,I am pretty much used to presenting a decent layout of dishes on the dinner table in short notice. 16 years of my experience in my social life has given me this confidence . My husband’s course mates from NDA , Colleagues, UNIT types, Station types and my own girl’s circle has given me ample opportunities to celebrate, enjoy good food and a great company. Love them all!
Like most of my Sundays, even today my hubby in a relaxed style, told me about the guest who will be reaching my home for lunch in just an hour and a half . I had already made some vegetarian lunch for my family. But that won’t be enough to welcome my guest warmly. So here I am scanning through my refrigerator to get a clue of what to cook !
Voila!!! I have some chicken in my freezer , grated coconut in a dubba and a bunch of mint leaves . So I decided to cook up all these together with a little more spices. … I have seen some recipes of mint chicken in the net, but decided to cook up something unique . The dish turned out to be finger licking!Happy me!!!
Preparation time 25 minutes
Marination time 15 minutes
Here’s the list of ingredients I used
Chicken ( Cut into medium sized pieces) – 1 kg
Mint leave – One small bunch
Green chillies – 4
Lemon juice – 3 table spoons
Chilly powder – 1 tea spoon
Pepper powder – 1 tea spoon
Turmeric powder – One pinch
Coriander powder -One table spoon
Green cardamom powder – One tea spoon
Ginger garlic paste – 2 table spoon
Grated coconut – One fistful
Sliced onion – 1 big
Oil – 4 table spoon
salt -to taste
Curd – 2 table spoon
How I cooked
Marinate the clean chicken in one pinch turmeric, 2 table spoon curd and salt.
1. Grind washed mint leaves, green chillies, lemon juice, coconut together to a fine paste using mixie.
2. Heat Oil in a thick bottomed pan . Add sliced onions and saute till pink. Now add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.Add turmeric, red chilly, coriander and pepper powders to the pan and saute for 3 minutes on medium heat.
3. Now add the marinated chicken and mix very well. Add some salt.Cover and cook for 4 minutes on slow flame.
4. Open the lid and add the ground coconut paste to the chicken. Mix thoroughly.. Add 1/2 cup water to the pan Bring the whole masala to boil for a minute and then cook on slow flame for 10 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked well, roast the chicken in the pan on high flame till the entire gravy thickens to a dark green colour.
5. Add elaichi powder and switch off the flame.Serve hot with Roti, naan or rice.
Note Please check the salt many times during cooking process to attain perfect balance.